What is Required?
Your role is to help detect and prevent potential identity theft by looking for Red Flags which may indicate identity theft may be occurring.
The following cycle is required to comply with this requirement.
- Identify - Identify relevant red flags, including but not limited to,
- Address discrepancies
- Name discrepancies on identifications and other documents
- Presentation of suspicious documents
- Personal information inconsistent with what is already on file
- Unusual or suspicious activity related to an existing account
- Notice from customer, law enforcement or other sources of unusual activity on an account
- Detect - Detecting the red flags once identified
- Response - Responding to the red flags
- Report to your supervisor as soon as possible
- Administer - Administering the ongoing program
- Tennessee Board of Regents must approve policy or plan
- Senior employee to administer
- Have plan to train staff
- Have a plan to supervise service providers (outside agencies)
- Have a plan to update your program
- Ensure compliance
return to top | previous page | next page